“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” (1 John 5:14-15)
Do you believe that?
“Yes, I believe that. But it’s not really working for me. A lot of my prayers have not been answered and I don’t know why...”
Let’s take a look at your spiritual foundation and see if we can locate some cracks in how you’re living your life.
- Too Busy to fellowship with God, His Word, and prayer? Well, don’t expect any prayer results... “for without Me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)
- Ignorance of how faith in God’s Word works. Go to “The Library.” Start reading the Bible Lessons from 2013.
- Doubt and Unbelief magnify unchanged circumstances. If you’re inner voice is saying “my prayer is not working for me,” go on a fast and study the scriptures. Follow Joshua 1:5-9 and read James 1:5-8.
- Unforgiveness goes against God’s commandment to forgive and will smother faith. (Mark 11:25) Faith works through love. (Galatians 5:6)
- Friendship with the world is enmity with God. Are you unevenly yoked with unbelievers? (Read James 4:4 and 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)
- Check up on what you are confessing. “The tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity.” (James 3:6) Don’t say things against what you prayed for. (Proverbs 18:21)
- Strife ... “For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.” (James 3:16)
The Word of God is the only source of faith!
Follow Proverbs 4:20-27 every day.
“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” John 15:7