Instructions From the Head of The Church For The Last Days
“Then He said to His disciples:
“And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful (anxious) mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
“But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
“Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
“Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
“And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.”
“Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
“And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
“And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
“Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.” Luke 12:29-40
The Mighty Holy Spirit and the coming of the Lord:
- The Holy Spirit has been given to each one of us to teach us and perfect us in the things of righteousness and holiness. He is quite involved in the preparation of each saint to bring forth the larger Church: Magnificent and Glorious without spot or wrinkle or ANY such thing.
- He helps us to be yielded vessels who read, understand, and do God’s Word.
- The Holy Spirit is involved in keeping you and me ready for the day that Jesus calls us up. He is involved in The Church going up before the great and terrible Day of the Lord’s judgment and wrath against that which is wicked.
- The Holy Spirit is very much involved in bringing in the great harvest of souls. It is He that convicts the sinner to bring about a repentant heart. It is He who reveals the truth of who Jesus Christ really is and the plan of redemption.
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God that operates through you as a witness of Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit is your personal life Coach and Trainer who remains with you.
- You can see how His influence affected The Church by reading the Book of Acts.
- This is where The Glorious Church is headed now.
“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Luke 12:34
Evidently, your heart is going to "join" to and follow what you highly value, good or bad.
Definition of Treasure: value, cherish, revere, esteem, prize, count precious, regard, care greatly for; stored wealth, precious gems, gold, silver
For a Christian, the heart is the location of the power supply to your life. It is where God Himself dwells.
- From the heart flow rivers of water. John 7:38
- Guard your heart, for out of the heart spring the issues of life. Proverbs 4:20-23
- Out of the heart comes forth words that produce good things or produce evil things. Matthew 12:35
- The heart is where the Word of God is stored to produce fruit for the Kingdom.
There are 98 other powerful verses in the New Testament that deal with the heart and the great importance it plays in your life. You might enjoy a study on this!
1. Guarding the heart: our daily responsibility.
Do not seek or be anxious about your need for food, drink, clothing, etc., like the world does. They do not have God as their Father. Seek the Kingdom of God, His ways of living and prospering, and all these other things will be supplied to you. Read Philippians 4:4-9
Give and it shall be given back to you. Luke 6:38
2. Being Ready!
“Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning…”
Being ready for our Master’s return means being fully clothed with the garments of righteousness and a heart that displays the light and love of God.
Your lamps burning also means that we have the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit that burns within us, the very Presence of God that continues in our lives, right up to the time when our Master returns.
Blessed are those servants whom the Master will find…watching for His return. Luke 12:37
3. Watching or Sleeping?
“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
“Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
“For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter (doorkeeper) to watch.
“Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
“Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping… Uh Oh! Just like the little duck out on the lake, nestled in deep sleep. (See photo at the top of the page.)
“And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.”
The Day of The Lord Comes!
1 Thessalonians 4:15-5:11
“For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
“Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
The Work of the Holy Spirit:
To reveal, to disclose, to draw back the veil. See John 16:13.
“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
“But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
“Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep, sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
“But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
“For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us...” Praise the Lord!
The Glorious Church—The Lost—Elected Leaders